Harry & David filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2011. They emerged later that year. In August, 2014 Harry and David became a wholly owned subsidiary of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (Source: WikiPedia). Harry & David has a long, well-known presence in the retail gift industry. But because of the turbulent history in recent years, we no longer recommend them.
You may want to try the HarvestClub™ Exotica Monthly Fruit Club by The Fruit Club.
The Presidential Fruit-of-the-Month Club® Collection includes:
- Cushman’s Honeybells (6 lbs.) – January
- Lemon Plums (2 lbs. 4 oz.) – February
- Nectarines (4 lbs.) – March
- Pineapple (6 lbs. 4 oz.) – April
- Papayas (4 lbs.) – May
- Honey Mangoes (3 lbs.) – June
- Cherry-Oh!! Cherries (2 lbs.) – July
- Apricots (2 lbs. 5 oz.) – August
- White Peaches (4 lbs.) – September
- Cream of the Crop Royal Riviera® Pears (6 lbs.) – October
- Red Seedless Grapes (2 lbs. 8 oz.) – November
- Cream of the Crop Royal Riviera® Pears (6 lbs.) – December